If you have been charged with a crime in Maine or the Portland area, you need effective and experienced Maine criminal defense attorney. Your future is at risk, and it is key to have an aggressive advocate represent you. In Maine, criminal charges are organized into five classes, A – E, and the maximum penalties associated with each are determined by the class of the crime at the time of conviction.
Maine Criminal Classes and Penalties
- Class A Felony, up to 30 years jail and $50,000.00 fine
- Class B Felony, up to 10 years jail and $20,000.00 fine
- Class C Felony, up to 5 years jail and $5,000.00 fine
- Class D Misdemeanor, up to 364 days jail and $2,000.00 fine
- Class E Misdemeanor, up to 6 months jail and $1,000.00 fine
The Nielsen Group manages a wide range of criminal matters in Maine. Many of these crimes can become Aggravated or Elevated in severity of certain aggravating factors are present, such as the crime being committed while in possession of a firearm.
Here are just a few of the types of cases The Nielsen Group can defend:
Maine Criminal Defense Practice Areas