Sometimes you need just a little help
Quite often as you begin to understand the impact a criminal charge will have on your life, you have more questions than answers. This section of my website is to help answer some of the basic questions. With over a decade of experience practicing criminal defense and Maine OUI law in Portland and throughout Maine, I have had the opportunity to help many accused of criminal charges. Take a moment, and read through the questions and answers we have provided below. If you have additional questions, our firm is happy to help you find answers. Find out if we have already addressed your question. If your question is not answered here, please get in touch.
Top Frequently Asked Questions
- I was not read my Miranda Warning. What does this mean to me?
- When Can I Get a Maine Work-Restricted Driver’s License?
- What does pleading guilty mean?
- How soon can I get my Driver’s License Back?
- Will a criminal conviction affect my Maine Professional License?
- I have been accused of domestic violence. Am I still allowed to have firearms?
- Can I still get into college with a drug-related offense on my record?
- What happens to my Maine driver’s license after my third suspension?
- What types of cases does the Nielsen group handle?
- Can I ever get my gun rights back after a felony conviction in Maine?
- What to do if arrested for OUI for the first time in Maine?
- Can a lawyer represent me at my BMV hearing?
- Do I have to take the Standardized Field Sobriety Tests in Maine?
- What should I do if I am asked to take a breath test in Maine?
- My car was stuck in a snowbank, Can I be charged with OUI in Maine?
- I was charged with Maine BUI. Is this more than a simple ticket?
- Does Boating Under the Influence go on your driving record?
- Do you lose your CDL if you get a Maine OUI?
- What can an officer pull me over for when looking for an OUI?
- Will I go to jail if I am facing a DUI?
- Can I win my DUI at court but still lose my driver’s license?
- How long does an OUI stay on your record in Maine?
- Will an OUI affect my ability to travel abroad?
- Do I have to take DEEP for an under 21 alcohol violation?
- If the Court dismisses my OUI, does the BMV drop the license suspension?
- What If I have been charged with OAS in Maine?
- When does an OAS drop from your driving record in Maine?
- I didn’t know my license was suspended. Can I be charged with an OAS?
- Is OAS a traffic violation?
- I already paid my fines for OAS, why is my license still suspended?
Maine Habitual Offender (HO)
- Does the Court make me a Habitual Offender?
- How do individuals become designated as Habitual Offender in Maine?
- Will an OUI Conviction count as an HO Strike?
Maine Domestic Violence
- Do I have to be married to be accused of domestic violence in Maine?
- Can a simple push be considered Domestic Violence Assault?
- What if my spouse wants to drop the domestic violence charges?
- Is there a way to remove a No Contact Order (NCO) from my bail conditions in Maine?
- What is a CBIP in Maine?
- Is an arrest mandatory when police are called for domestic violence in Maine?
- Can I ever get my gun rights back after a Domestic Violence Assault conviction?
Maine Protection From Abuse (PFA)
- Why Should I fight a Maine PFA brought against me?
- Can I get a PFA in Maine on behalf of my child?
- How long does a PFA Order last in Maine?
- What happens if I violate my PFA Order?
Maine Sex Crimes
Maine Criminal Defense Law
- Should I bail my friend out of jail?
- Can Maine Bail Conditions be changed?
- How do I get my bail money back in Maine?
- What can a Maine Judge consider when determining pre-condition bail?
- Can an assault victim sue for medical bills?
- Can I get my Maine criminal conviction expunged?
- When must your Miranda Rights be read?
- What does it mean to plead nolo contendere?
- Will expungement help me get a security clearance?
- Can I bring my gun to Maine from out of state?
- Can I share my medical marijuana with a friend?
- What can I do at arrest to impact the outcome of my case?
Maine Family Law
Have additional questions?
Did you find your answer? If not, feel free to ask us.