The State of Maine takes Domestic Violence crimes seriously. These charges include DV Assault, DV Criminal Threatening, DV Terrorizing, DV Stalking, and DV Reckless Conduct. Domestic violence cases are treated with great concern by each Maine District Attorney’s Office. Domestic Violence Terrorizing is categorized as a domestic violence crime in Maine.
A conviction for Domestic Violence Terrorizing has short-term and long-term consequences.
Short term consequences include:
- potential fines
- jail time
- required batterer’s intervention programs
- being subject to mental health and/or substance abuse evaluation and/or counseling
Long term consequences include:
- a permanent criminal record for domestic violence
- loss of your Second Amendment rights to use or possess firearms
- the social stigma of being considered a domestic batterer
A charge of domestic violence terrorizing is serious. It is not advised to try to handle the case at court without the assistance of a domestic violence defense lawyer. A domestic violence attorney will listen to your concerns, develop a defense strategy and to help put your mind at ease. Contacting the Nielsen Group today is a valuable first step in fighting these serious charges. [Read more…] about Maine Law: Domestic Violence Terrorizing